Can We Let The Kids be Kids!!!! Assault on Arkham

    I watch movies and shows with my son all the time. When we go to target, or any store that has DVD videos, or even when I download movies to our phones using an app that I will review for you guys in a next blog, I always ask him what he wants to watch or what he's in the mood for. We recently bought Son of Batman and downloaded Assault on Arkham.
    The 3 of us sat down to watch Son of Batman, without considering the inappropriate content that may be in the video. I understand that, that is the reason why these movies have certain ratings ie. G, PG13, M , R and so on. But when you pick up an animated Batman movie, you just assume it will be ok for all ages.
    So, The Son of Batman, wasn't so bad. There were times when I cringed watching it and sped through a part. However with Assault on Arkham, also a Batman flick, my husband and I learned our lesson. We saw the previews and that's what made us want to check the movie out. He downloaded it to his device, and watched it. In the end he shook his head, "good Movie, but he (Elijah) cant watch it"
    There are semi nude scenes and sex scenes, be they a second or 10, they are extremely inappropriate. Even mild sexual jokes. I decided I would watch it and determine just how bad it was for children. "Oh yeah, Lij is sooo not watching this" I said. I felt bad, because we downloaded it on his phone, so he saw the animation for it, but I would not let him press play. I just HAD to delete it. I want to preserve his innoncence for as long as I can. We love the Batman series of movies and shows. These are childrens characters. The same ones I grew up with. But my oh my have they changed.

Screen shot from my phone of Assault on Arkham

Comments

Popular Posts