Last Minute Fathers Day Gift??

I love being creative when it comes to gifts. I want to show you how much I love you, by doing things I really feel you can appreciate, and either making or buying you something that I know you will be able to have forever.

Be it birthday a cake, handmade gifts or cards, I love bringing all the things I know you love into one. So you can know you are loved. Fathers day is literally 3 minutes away from this current moment. I'm sitting at my desktop typing lol.  This is our 5th Fathers Day our oldest child is 5 years old. For our first fathers day, I bought a card, our son was 2 months old, and I was super excited. I put hand paint on his hand and pressed it inside the card as his signature, it was beautiful.
 I've made his favorite dishes, picked up things that I've heard him mention over time but never bought. This year, our son is 5 (as I said) and we have a daughter (8 months old). Another first for us. His first holiday with a daughter was Valentines day. For Valentines day, I put hand paint on our baby girl and pressed her hand in the card. A hand print has become a tradition in our cards to each other. I love firsts if you haven't noticed. I love to start off on a good note always lol.

This year, I got, The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay part 1, a movie he's been talking about, but we have yet to add it to our movie collection. We're going to have a movie day inside with junk food and tacos. (We love to stay in and have small intimate family nights.) For this years Fathers day card, I had our children press their hands on the printer, to capture just how small they are, so we can always look back. Lij, our son, is practicing writing in Pre-K, so I asked his to write "Happy Fathers Day Dad, We Love You" and on the opposite said, I asked Lij, "How do you feel about daddy" and I wrote his answer, no matter how crazy it was. This homemade card can be laminated and added to the books. I cant wait to see his reaction tomorrow.

That is the outside of the card. Our children's hands. Before I add all of my little touches.
He is very proud of himself. That's a picture of Harris lol.
The first draft of Elijah's blurb. I'm going to make it neat tonight while Harris is at work.
Of course my pumpkin had to draw a picture. Mommy, Daddy, Eliana and Elijah.

I think this is such a good Idea. There are always options that don't have to cost a ton of money. Creativity is key. 

Comments

Popular Posts