When To Request leave Duing Pregnancy

  Currently I am 26 weeks preggo and I am considered a high risk pregnancy. I went from working 27-33+ hours a week to working 13 to maybe 22 hours a week. I haven't yet decided when I will stop going to work.
  Since I haven't been there a full year yet, I'm not sure that I will be receiving a paid maternity leave. I work in retail, so I stand a LOT. I was working over night doing Visual assignments, but that changed when I let my managers know about the pregnancy.
  I am tired a lot during work. Hungry all the time, constant bathroom breaks lol. And lets not forget the mood swings. Such comes with a pregnancy. Lately when I start getting ready for work, I feel tempted to call out almost all of the time. I'm almost never in the mood for the 40 minute travel. Public transportation sucks when your pregnant.
  So I have to ask myself, when do I want to put in a request to leave. Lately my husband has been working hours that throw off our normal schedule, being that one of us always has to be available to pick up our 4 year old from school. I may end up putting my request in sooner than I wanted to. Or I can just send my little pumpkin on vacation to grandmas.
  What's a mama to do? I love the idea of being an at home mama, but I've had a job since I was 12. I am not comfortable sitting at home without an income.

Any suggestions?


Belly Pic

Comments

Popular Posts