Pregnancy Diaries .. Am I Supposed To Drink Coffee

    I've always heard that every pregnancy is different. For every woman its different, and for every child you have,  the pregnancy is different. For pregnancy #2 I have definitely experienced this.
    When I was pregnant with Lij, I didn't experience morning sickness. I had craving like any other woman. Nothing crazy though. I wanted mashed potatoes and gravy from Popeyes and a sweet tea from McDonalds, every day, and I got it. When I went to the corner store, I bought whatever I laid eyes on that  looked good, and when I got home I'd pick from each bag, just a little, and I was done lol. I never ate  anything after the first few bites. LOL
    With my second pregnancy, I go through phases of cravings. One day I'll want cheeze its. If I like it when  get them, I will go Cheez-it crazy for about 2 weeks. Then its over and i'm tired of it. I don't even want to see them. In the 28 weeks that i've been preggers, I went throught the current phases:

  1. Cheez-It
  2. Beef Patty with cheese
  3. Pepperoni pizza
  4. McChicken with cheese and tomato ( I think I'm going to get back onto that 1)
  5. Sweet Tea from Mcdonalds
  6. Beefaroni and pink lemonade
  7. Southern food ( collard greens, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, fried chicken) every night
  8. Cake and or cupcakes (confetti with vanilla icing. Pilsbury)
  9. Watermelon
  10. Hot Sauce ( on everything, especially chicken Top Ramen noodles)
  11. Cool Rush Gatorade
  12. KitKat 
  13. Everything bagels with cream cheese from Starbucks
  14. Caramel Chocolate cookies from J'adore Cakes ( my Sweet Success blog is about that bakery)
  15. Sausage egg and cheese breakfast on a roll
  16. Scrambled eggs with onions and cheese and ketchup (Current Phase)
and thats just to name a few.
   With this pregnancy, and all these week to 2 week long cravings, you would think I would've gained a lot of weight. With Lij I went from 197 lbs at about 13 weeks pregnant, to 225lbs at the time of delivery. With this second pregnancy I haven't gained a pound or even an ounce. I started at my average weight of 197 lbs at 5'2 height. In the last 7 months I have been a somewhat steady 195. I had morning sickness for the first 3 1/2 months. I called out of work all most all the time, and i'm considered High-Risk, due to the Preeclampsia I had at the time of delivery with Lij.
   I don't believe everything I read on the web, but on a baby/expectant mothers website, I saw the suggested amount of coffee to drink daily for a pregnant woman is 200ml. That measures to just shy of 8oz. (the small cup you can get from the street carts). I loveeeeeee coffee so much. I don't plan on drinking any  while I'm nursing, but I do have that 200ml a few times a week.

What food should I try next? dessert or snack that I might get hooked on. I've been thinking about bbq spare rib tips and french fries from the chinese restaurant. any Suggestions? hmmmm


Comments

Popular Posts